Holiday Sip & Shop, December 9th, 2023 2pm – 5pm
Enjoy a leisurely stroll through our shops and restaurants – a great way to see all the Village has to offer while enjoying a drink & shopping with friends. Participating merchants will be offering free beverages at their business. The fee to participate is $10 with proceeds going to The Help Center of NC.
Want a chance to win a $500 Shopping Spree???
Donate an item at any participating shops November 18th, 2023 through December 9th, 2023 and you’ll be enter to win a $500 shopping spree to Lafayette Village.
- Soups, especially hearty meals like chili or stew
- Canned meat: chicken, tuna, ham, Vienna sausages
- Canned vegetables: potatoes, collard greens, beans, carrots, spinach or peas
- Canned fruit and individual fruit cups
- Spaghetti and marinara sauce
- Instant food mixes that only require water: mashed potatoes, biscuit mixes, instant oatmeal
- Shelf stable milk and alternatives (rice, soy, etc.)
- Heat and serve macaroni & cheese
- Healthy cereal
- Peanut butter or other nut butter, especially crunchy
- Pudding (non-refrigerated)
- Pop Tarts
- Spices like cinnamon, oregano, basil, salt, pepper
- Chips and crackers: Cheez-Its, graham crackers, animal crackers, peanut butter or cheese crackers
- Snack items for kids to take to school: juice boxes, applesauce containers, granola bars
- For infants: formula, infant cereal, diapers, and wipes
- Toiletries: toothbrushes, soap, toothpaste, lotion, shampoo & conditioner, Chapstick
- Feminine hygiene products: unscented pads will be most universally used, not tampons
- Diapers all sizes
- Bib, bottles, pacifiers , blankets
- Gift cards for families experiencing homelessness so we can purchase food and other supplies to get to them
- Gas cards for our mobile units to deliver food to our elderly participants
- Hand sanitizer
- Small bottles of dish detergent or (laundry detergent for babies)
- Clip boards – youth program
The Help Center NC has been on the front lines of the war against poverty and hunger in our community. Hand and Hand with our partner agencies, we are creating lasting transformational change. Every dollar donated to The Help Center NC goes towards ending hunger by feeding the poor and provide spiritual support to families that are in a crisis situation.