Lafayette Village is located on private property. While we try to extend every consideration to individuals and groups wishing to photograph at the center these activities must not interfere with normal operations or compromise the safety of the buildings, or the grounds.
All photographers (anyone capturing or recording an image by mechanical or digital means (film or video) for commercial, professional, artistic, or recreational use) are required to have a permit upon entering the grounds and before capturing any images. Commercial, Professional, Portrait, and Artistic photographers are required to make an appointment with the property manager prior to the session date. Photography may not begin until any associated fee is paid in full. Lafayette Village reserves all rights for photographic reproduction of Property.
Commercial photography is defined as any photography produced for publication or promotional use. As stated in the Lafayette Village Collections Management Policy: “Lafayette Village specifically reserves all rights for photographic reproduction of Property. No commercial use of such photographs is permitted without approval by the Property Manager. In general, non-educational and commercial reproductions of the Property will not be approved. Requests by individuals will be handled on a case by case basis.”
Commercial photography requires written permission of the Property Manager and is by appointment only. Lafayette Village reserves the right to approve final content for anything in which Lafayette Village or its property will appear, either by name or by visual representation. Upon approval of request, fee and scheduling will be determined. Please contact the property management team for more information.
Professional photography is defined as any photography for which income is derived. Professional photography may be conducted in designated areas by appointment only. During center hours, the fee for professional photography is $150/hour and must be submitted prior to the photo session. All photographers are required to have a permit upon entering the grounds and before capturing any images. Lafayette Village considers portraiture of any kind to be professional photography, even if income is not derived.
Artistic photography is defined as photography conducted by an amateur or professional for use as an art form. Artistic photography for public display, reproduction, or sale may be conducted only with the written approval of the Property Manager. Artistic photography for personal use may be conducted in designated areas by appointment only and fee of $150/hour. All photographers are required to have a permit upon entering the grounds and before capturing any images.
Recreational photography may be conducted in designated areas without an appointment and is free of charge. Portraits of any kind are not considered recreational photography. All photographers are required to have a permit upon entering the grounds and before capturing any images. A courtesy call is requested if groups or classes plan to visit.
The following rules apply to all photography at the Lafayette Village
- Flow of visitors along driveway and pathways must not be blocked at any time.
- Guests, photographers, and their equipment must stay on pathways – walking in plant beds or behind plant beds or placing equipment in beds is prohibited.
- Hanging of props or gear on trees or plants is prohibited.
- Lafayette Village does not assume any responsibility for loss, theft or damage to equipment.
- Plants and planted containers may not be moved, rearranged, or handled in any way. Blooms may not be picked.
- Visitors may not climb or hang from trees or architectural features such as but not limited to stair cases, fences, railings, fountains, etc.
- Climbing, sitting, standing, or walking on walls, fences, structures, or water features is strictly forbidden.
- Lafayette Village maintains the right to adjust these policies, in specific instances, for the best interests of the center and the general public.